Nov 28, 2008

Jatropha curcas

Jatropha curcas field
Talking about biodiesel, I remember Jatropha curcas plant. This plant claimed to be prospective plant to produce biodiesel. After some promotion indeed this plant can be a good alternative for palm oil. Palm oil is edible but Jatropha oil is non-edible oil so it can't be eaten. Is it? well I've heard there are non toxic Jatropha. They said Jatropha can live in arid/semi arid land where there is no other plant can produce. I do not say can't grow because I know there are, like grass. If it is true then farmers will get additional income from this.
Above is Jatropha curcas field in my country. I got this picture when I went there some times ago. I'll post another picture when I found another one :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Industry News

Bioenergy News

Bioenergy for Better Future Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Free Blogger Template